Associate Product Specialist
About SGGG Portfolio Systems
SGGG Portfolio Systems develops software for the hedge fund industry. The firm was started in 2007, and our product has rapidly become the market leader in Canada. We are now expanding into other countries. We are a very small team with strong technical skills, and the quality of our software and client services is at the core of our business.
The Product Specialist is the interface between the company, our products and our clients. The role has three main components:
- Providing support to our clients, mostly on the phone and via e-mail. You will help them use our products to solve their trading and portfolio management problems.
- Implementing the product at new clients – managing the implementation project, coordinating with the client and their other service providers, configuring the software, system integration and data transfer from the clients’ other systems.
- Testing new releases and resolving technical issues at every stage of the product life cycle.
As an Associate Product Specialist you will initially be most involved in product testing and related tasks. During that time you will learn about financial markets, hedge funds and how our software is used. As you learn our products and business better, you will be transitioned into one or more of the other roles.
This is an uncommon opportunity to join a young team building a product from the ground up. You will be working directly with our clients - portfolio managers and operations people at hedge funds. They are smart and demanding and you will need to work hard to meet their expectations.
Personal skills and abilities required:
- very good verbal and written communication
- strong numerical analytical/problem solving skills
- willingness to work well as part of a close-knit team
- ability to perform in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
- the ability and inclination to learn new things quickly
- initiative and motivation
Education: University degree, most likely with a major in science
As we expect to teach you most of what you need to know, the primary qualification is ability and enthusiasm. However, previous exposure to software, databases or dealing with clients would be a definite plus.
The job offers an opportunity to get exposure to many aspects of financial markets and software. We are a fast growing company and there are excellent opportunities for the right person to learn and to grow. The work is challenging and rewarding. If you are up to it, we would like to meet you.