A rapidly expanding international software company has an opportunity for a technical graduate to join their small Canadian team in the Burlington area.
The selected candidate will be a self-motivated, conscientious, responsible team player, with strong technical, interpersonal and communication skills who is also happy to be ‘hands on’.
- A relevant technical degree
- Good knowledge and understanding of current & emerging technologies
- Sound technical understanding of IT systems
- An excellent understanding of communication protocols, network devices, hubs/switches/router diagnostics and configuration
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills • Process driven with strong project implementation skills • Good telephone manner and written / documentation skills
- Understanding of the facilities management discipline & the PPP market place is ideal but not essential Technical experience
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008. 2012 would be a bonus • SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 • Windows XP, Windows 7 • Active Directory 2003 and 2008
- DHCP and DNS servers • Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2010
- HP servers, network switches and wireless access points
- IIS 6,7.5
- VPN (site to site and client VPN) - OPENVPN, Cisco
- Watchguard firewalls
- Software security suits - preferably F-Secure
- Web traffic filtering appliances
- Virtual servers and clients using VmWare and VirtualBox
The selected candidate will need to be a quick learner with a proactive work ethic and the ability to work individually and as part of a team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an international team who will proactively support and share good practice with you. Only candidates with a valid Canadian permit will be considered at this time No recruitment agencies – thank you.