Midrange Operations Analyst (New Grad)
Here at RBC, our culture is deeply supportive, rich in opportunity and reward, and high in integrity and performance. To us, being a global leader means continuously pursuing the path to excellence. So whether we’re developing new technology, inventing products for a changing world, creating innovative business models, or forging new relationships with clients, we’re constantly pushing the boundaries of banking – all 79,000 of us. We enable our people to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. If you're looking to be more, look here.
Technology and Operations (T&O) plays a critical role in the day to day activities that align with RBC’s business strategies, outcomes and objectives to ensure continued focus on enabling leading advice and service for RBC clients that is backed by technological and operational excellence. We offer career-defining opportunities to build upon your dynamic critical thinking and interpersonal skills, while learning the ‘business behind the bank’.
To provide support to our Global Technology Infrastructure clients 24 hours a day 365 days a year. This includes monitoring for development, disaster recovery and production systems/devices currently in our domestic data centre’s including GCC, SCC and OCC. Analysts will use problem management skills to assess issues; troubleshoot them and perform corrective actions. Our clients will receive quality service in a fast efficient manner while maintaining minimal downtime to applications, systems and hardware devices. Currently we provide support for the following platforms: iSeries(AS/400), HP/NSK(Tandem), Solaris, Linux and Open Systems Storage. Using innovation and leading edge technology we continually provide our clients with superior service. All responsibilities are carried out in accordance with RBC Code of Conduct and RBC Values and Guiding Principles.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients in GTI, Insurance, U.S. subsidiary and Capital Markets Production & Disaster Recovery environments.
- Provide help desk service to RBC staff seeking assistance with servers, systems, applications, network issues and hardware.
- Establish new and innovative processes that provide maximum availability and service to our clients on a 7/24/365 basis. Provide assistance when applicable during the execution of Disaster Recovery Exercises.
- Assist with the implementation of new products that will be supported by GOCC Midrange Operations.
- Provide hands-on assistance and coordination to strategic application projects.
- Monitor Infrastructure and application batch jobs on various platforms using multiple schedulers including Zeke and Batchcom
- Escalate problems efficiently to other technical support personnel and service providers.
- Assist with coaching and training new staff.
- Monitor and maintain “Gocc Midrange Support ” mailbox
- Monitor and maintain “Unix Level 0 Support “ mailbox
- Maintain a sound operational knowledge of the tools required to support the systems, subsystems and support products in our area.
- Manage a varied, unpredictable workload, while interacting with a team of specialists providing support to various projects.
- Ability to work with service providers and people from various departments at a very technical level.
- Develop and maintain the necessary skills to support new technology being implemented into the area.
- Provide technical support for problem analysis/determination to ensure affected components are promptly restored to service
- Must have and continually update a broad range of technical skills pertaining to the Centre’s operations , UNIX (various types), HP/NSK(Tandem), iSeries, , Storage and Media Solutions(Tape Libraries), and many more.
- Apply system and application changes. Change management via Peregrine.
- Monitor and react to numerous consoles for multiple platforms including OMNIBUS, Viewpoint, Prognosis, Consoles etc.. Determine incident severity and escalate issues accordingly.
- Ensure problems are quickly identified, resolved and documented to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Review changes prior to implementation to ensure they will not interfere with service level agreements if applicable.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program with a focus on Computer Science, Technology or Engineering
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confidence in working autonomously or as member of a team
- Capability to manage multiple priorities across a number of assignments and prioritize effectively
- Ability to resolve any minor conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Service Partner Orientation
- Concern for Order & Quality
- Sense of Urgency
- Sound knowledge and experience with all services pertaining to the GOCC supported Mainframe/Mid-Range/Open Systems/Network/Server/Tape Operations Infrastructure, hardware and software, as well proven skills in problem identification, resolution and escalation procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter, unofficial transcript and resume online by June 24, 2015
We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At RBC diversity and inclusion are at the heart of bringing out the best in all our people.