Critical Environments- Fall Co-op Student
Critical Environment Engineering, Fall Co-op Student
Looking to start your career in a technology driven field supporting the Financial Service Industry? RBC fosters a positive learning environment for students by providing the support and resources to help strategize your career path. Since we opened our doors in 1864, RBC has grown to become one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Within RBC's enterprise lies RBC Global Functions which supports all businesses in achieving their growth objectives and increasing focus on client service and overall client satisfaction. RBC's Global Functions currently has over 2,500 employees and encompasses the areas of: Human Resources, Group Risk Management, the Office of the CAO & CFO which includes Finance, Corporate Treasury, General Counsel, Technology and Operations as well as Enterprise Services which includes Procurement and Corporate Real Estate. Do any of these areas interest you? If yes, then be sure to check out the Critical Environment Engineering Fall Co-op Student position below!
Position Purpose: This position will provide inventory and cataloging support to the critical environment engineering team in our Enterprise Data Centres.
Key accountabilities include:
- Inventory and cataloging of spare parts for the Stratford Data Center and the Guelph Data Center (2 months at Stratford and 2 months at Guelph)
- Responsible for drafting, maintaining, and/or reviewing training modules
- Responsible for the documentation and follow up for calibration of metering and safety gear
- Implementation of process improvement documentation to support Uptime objectives
- Responsible for drawing posting in critical areas of facility
- Organization of technical documents related to current procedures and ongoing initiatives
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Meticulous attention to detail is required
- Excellent typing and computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word Excel, Outlook)
- Technical background required (mechanical or electrical background)
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work in a team
Must be available from September 2015- January 2016 and able to commute to Guelph and Stratford.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
Join Our Talent Community
Want to be in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC? It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on jobs, career paths, recruitment events, and more!