Rehabilitation Assistant (Part Time)
In accordance with the vision and values of the organization and under the clinical direction of a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Language Pathologist, the Rehabilitation Assistant functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team in meeting the needs of the client. The Rehabilitation Assistant carries out rehabilitative treatment plans and programs and assists the therapist in monitoring and evaluating patients/residents’ progression.
- Completion of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Valid Driver’s License as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC’s inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow- capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit’s opportunities in the area.