Mental Health & Addictions Clinicians (Full Time)
Under the direction of the Team Leader of Community Mental Health and Addiction Services for the Northern Health Authority, Terrace Delivery Area this position provides services to individuals living with serious mental illnesses, addictions issues or dual diagnosis. Design, implements, and monitors individual patient plans to maximize community functioning and reduce re-hospitalization. Works as a member of a multi-disciplinary community mental health and addictions team, acts as a consultant educator in the area of mental health and addictions and contributes to the development of community mental health and addictions programs.
- First preference: Masters Degree in Social Work with two (2) years experience in related service area or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Second preference: Bachelors Degree in Social Work with three (3) years experience in related service area.
- Eligible for registration with the Board of Registration for Social Workers in British Columbia.
- Dual diagnosis training is an asset.
- Valid BC drivers license, with access to a vehicle.
- Travel may be required, and you may be required to use own vehicle on NHA business.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work effectively on an individual or group basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and program requirements.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with institutional staff, volunteers, members’ and the general public.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.