Controls Automation Technician
Do you see yourself working for a company with household name brands and global recognition? Where people instantly know the products and brands you represent? Are you excited about the possibilities of what a global company can bring for your career? And, do you have the heart of an entrepreneur, with a deeply rooted desire to create, invent, and shape your future? Then we invite you to explore a career with Mondelez Canada Inc.
Who is Mondelez Canada Inc.?
Well, you likely know us by our brands and past experience with campuses across Canada, but our company itself is new. Mondelez Canada Inc. is a snacks leader in Canada, manufacturing and marketing some of the country's best-loved brands. Mondelez?z Canada is the Canadian business operation of Mondelez?z International, a world leader in chocolate, biscuits, gum, candy, coffee and powdered beverages. The company comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc. following the spin-off of its North American grocery operations in October 2012. We are 100,000 colleagues around the world and a $35 Billion organization.
We're a company that recognizes the power of big. But we also understand the importance of small.
We have the SCALE and RESOURCES of a $35 billion global powerhouse, with the SPEED, CREATIVITY and AGILITY of a startup.
With Mondelez Canada, it's the best of both worlds - we're big enough to invest in great ideas. Small enough to still have them. We're a young, new, start-up company with the hearts of entrepreneurs and the strength of an established global footprint and world recognized brands. We are big enough to matter, and small enough to take big risks. And, our dream is to create delicious moments of joy for all each and every day.
As a member of our maintenance team, you will maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to line calls and equipment failures. Work independently in an environment with many distractions, maintaining a high level of accuracy and safety.
- Troubleshoot and implement software changes to Allen Bradley Compact and Control Logix platform of PLC's
- Software changes to man/machine graphical interface system, including Panelview and similar
- Working with and troubleshooting PowerFlex drives and similar
- Support new machine builds, installations and modifications
- Suggest and implement improvements to manufacturing/internal processes, information and procedures. Take advantage of all cost reduction opportunities
- Develop controls, drawing and design concepts
- Establish and maintain effective communications with production, quality, engineering and vendors
- Participate in ongoing cross training activities within the organization
- Establish and follow up project implementation as needed; including timing, concept, feasibility design, specifications, construction and commissioning as required
- Follow and comply with all TPM principles and philosophies
- Proven record of making improvements to your area
- Strong computer skills
- Ensure reliability of Automated Control System, Design and commissioning of Allen Bradley PLC architecture,
- Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet and DH+ networks
- Works with various controllers, (e.g. ControlLogix, MicroLogix, SLC, CompactLogix, Siemens, Omron, creates / modifies / and monitors PLC programs for internal use
- Servo motors, and drive controls troubleshooting experience
- High level of analytical ability
- HMI / MES, MS-Office, Rockwell software for plant operations
- Able to score satisfactory on an automation skills written test
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge and Education
- A degree/diploma in electrical controls preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience troubleshooting and programming PLC's, preferably in a manufacturing environment required
- Capable of reading and editing electrical, mechanical and layout drawings
- Robotic experience, programming and troubleshooting with Bosch equipment, Fallas and other robotic systems
- Knowledge and experience of Euroimpianti laser guided vehicles and auto-palletization systems of similar
- Working with Rockwell software, and a solid understanding of PLC hardware
- Background in PLC Networking, Ethernet, ControlNet and DeviceNet or similar
- PLC programming experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens and Schubert Packaging/Automation Systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematics
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and without supervision or to work in a team environment
May be required to work rotating shifts as needed