Assistant Brewer, Innovation
A Career in Beer....
Founded in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is one of North America's oldest brewing companies, and we're also one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers. We have a desire to win, but always in the right way. We're looking for smart, ambitious beer champions that want to jump right in and make a difference working in an innovative brand led company committed to brewing quality products.
As the Assistant Brewer, Innovation at the Air Canada Centre (ACC) Brewery you will gain valuable experience by joining the Brewing R&D Team in their pursuit to become a top 4 global brewer. You will take ownership of several projects and share in the responsibilities to execute against the development of new processes and products. The Brewhouse is responsible for brewing prototypes for our R&D projects in support of marketing and company directives.
In this role, you will gain exposure to the inner workings of a Global Brewer. The Assistant Brewer will analyze data that pertains to beer quality, and will help develop new recipes for new Molson Coors brands.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Assist the Head Brewer with daily operations of the Molson Canadian Brewhouse at the Air Canada Centre
- Product development, small scale Research & Development and testing opportunities at the Molson Coors Pilot R&D facilities
- Product briefs and recipe development at our Corporate Office
- Set up the Brewhouse for new innovation brews
- Wort production (Brewing) in the Brewhouse
- Brewhouse clean up, filtration and kegging activities
- You are comfortable in an environment of constant change and working with World Class Supply Chain best practices
- You are a self-starter committed to continuous improvement and driven to achieving your goals
Just a Few Reasons Why Molson Coors is an Employer of Choice:
- Opportunity to work for a global brewing company that is one of Canada's Most Attractive EmployersWe play our part to make a difference - from charitable donations to our employees hitting the streets together to build parks - giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- We take people development seriously offering growth opportunities through talent and development programs and career planning
- Opportunity to take part in industry-leading Beer Education. Our employees become Certified Beer Enthusiasts, and we offer an in-house training program that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to the things that help to make us an Employer of Choice such as employee events, beer allotment, Employee Assistance Program and innovative open concept head office
- Participation in our Total Rewards program which includes; competitive base salary, incentive plans, annual merit review, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced ever evolving global company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
If You Have The Following...We Want To Hear From You!
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, or science-oriented discipline at a post-secondary vocational institute
- Brewing knowledge, and or diploma is a key asset
- Strong communication skills
- Prior work experience in a production facility
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of WHMIS and general laboratory procedures
- Physically fit - manual labour required (ability to lift up to 50 lbs)
- Enthusiastic and able to work independently
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and accept challenges
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Travel between Air Canada Centre Pilot Brewery, American Drive Lab and Molson Coors head office is required, access to own vehicle is preferred
- Most important of all, you must be passionate about the beer industry!
- You demonstrate Molson Coors' Success Factors: Lead Change, Challenge the Expected, Build Team, Build Relationships, Deliver Results, Delight Consumers and Customers, and Lead People
- As part of the recruitment process, the candidates will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check.
Molson Coors: Building Careers Since 1786