LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including the AIR MILES Reward Program, that each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years (including 2015), LoyaltyOne has been recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
About the Opportunity
In this challenging opportunity, you play a critical role in maximizing productivity and ensuring that our teams can perform to the best of their ability. The successful candidate works across multiple stakeholders to surface & remove barriers to allow the agile development process to progress without a hitch. Possessing the ability to both collaborate & influence without authority are critical factors for success.
- Lead the organization's adoption of agile/scrum practices
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the organization and provide coaching to achieve higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution processes
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure all dependencies and impediments are understood so new features can be released in a timely manner
- Communicate regularly with all stakeholders to understand changing requirements and maintain the product backlog
- Define each iteration and work closely with your scrum team to deliver remarkable products on time; monitor and report on the status of release schedules
- Unblock and focus scrum your team throughout each iteration to ensure maximum productivity
- Deliver results through an environment of collaboration and trust
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) preferred; Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) an asset
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented scrum patterns and techniques (i.e. Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Knowledge of other agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Previous experience as a team lead and/or supervisor
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Software product development experience
- Well-organized with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative team environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify