Analytics & Insights Analyst
Are you passionate about leveraging your analytics experience to help more than one hundred of the world’s leading brands improve marketing outcomes and deliver differentiated performance? Are you looking to build an extraordinary career and expand your analytics expertise in one of the most respected analytics companies in Canada? If so, join LoyaltyOne’s growing analytics practice to become a part of a team comprised of industry leading, business oriented analytics thought leaders. Our team translates data into analytics, insights, strategy and results for our clients. For six consecutive years, LoyaltyOne has been recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your career to a whole new level with LoyaltyOne.
LoyaltyOne owns and operates the AIR MILES Reward Program, North America's premier coalition loyalty program. LoyaltyOne is a global leader in the design and implementation of coalition loyalty programs, customer analytics and loyalty services for Fortune 1000 clients around the world. LoyaltyOne's unparalleled track record delivering sustained business performance improvement for clients stems from its unique combination of hands-on practitioner experience and continuous thought leadership. LoyaltyOne has over 20 years history leveraging data-driven insights to develop and operate some of the world's most effective loyalty programs and customer-centric solutions.
About the Opportunity
The AIR MILES Reward Program Analytics & Insights practice is growing significantly and we are looking for a well-rounded Analytics & Insights Analyst to join our team in Toronto/Calgary/Montreal. We are looking for a best-in-class analytics practitioner with a blend of proficient technical skills and strong business acumen. The Analyst plays an expert role in the application & execution of consumer data and analytics to support the development of customer-centric business strategies and Loyalty Marketing for our clients.
- Subject Matter Expert in Loyalty, Merchandising & Marketing Analytics for the assigned client portfolio
- Contribute to all phases of campaign management (ideation, planning, targeting, list generation, measurement, recommendation) with a focus in pre-analysis and post-analysis
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to fully understand external client’s business needs
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to clearly define analysis / campaign scope, objectives, targeting & measurement strategy for client’s loyalty marketing and merchandising initiatives
- Assist in the translation of business requirements into technical specifications
- Extract, cleanse and modify raw data from data warehouse, conduct customer analysis or campaign measurement to identify opportunities for clients to maximize the use of AIR MILES Reward Program to drive incremental sales
- Present analysis results and recommendations in business language in different forums/meetings
- Identify further marketing opportunities for our clients by triangulating industry / competitive analyses with external 3rd party information (research, government reports / trends)
- Create case studies to demonstrate how analytics drive revenue, profit or efficiencies for our clients and for LoyaltyOne
- Automate process using SAS/SQL and/or make suggestions to tool / process improvement to drive operational efficiency
- Ensure timely completion of analysis while maintaining high quality
- Balance the demands of multiple concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of diplomacy
- Respond to ad hoc requests (internal & external) for analysis, data and information on a regular basis
- Contribute in other corporate strategic initiatives as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field: Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Intelligence, Commerce
- Hands-on proficient experience with SAS, SQL, relational databases, data warehouse, BI, UNICA
- VB, R, C+ skills an asset
- Expert in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
- Expert knowledge in direct marketing, campaign management, experimental design, customer analytics, CRM, segmentation, modeling
- Experience in analytics to support merchandising decisions and planning
- Prefer 3+ years of customer analysis / insight delivery experience in a complex data-driven organization
Business Acumen / Soft Skills:
- Retail / merchandising / financial services industry knowledge a definite advantage
- Problem solving skills coupled with the “can do” attitude
- A strategic / analytical thinker who can link assigned tasks to the bigger picture
- Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments at once
- Provide fact-based opinion in campaign design and strategy recommendations
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.