LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including Precima and the AIR MILES Reward Program, each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years, LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
Precima applies shopper insights derived from advanced analytics to help retailers and manufacturers drive sales growth and boost profitability. Using comprehensive fact bases of purchase data, Precima's experts help you improve your marketing and merchandising, identify opportunities for growth and align both internal teams and external partners to best meet shoppers' needs.
Precima tailors the scope and pace of its solutions to the unique priorities of each client. The overall goal is to achieve not just tactical wins but long - term strategic gains, encouraging retailers to broaden the marketing agenda and fully explore the potential of sophisticated shopper insights.
Precima's roster of past and current clients includes many leading Fortune 1000 brands, among them some of the top high-frequency retailers in North America. Backed by first-hand experience with leading retail and manufacturing organizations, the Precima team brings a remarkable blend of expertise in loyalty, analytics, marketing and management to help you make more informed and profitable business decisions.
About the Opportunity
Contribute to the design, development and implementation of complex database systems. The incumbent will support data sourcing, transformation, logical/physical modeling, and ETL/ELT development to support deliverables across multiple database projects. She/he will have demonstrated business acumen, particularly in large enterprise projects.
The Technology & Data Management team is responsible for the development and implementation of technology to support and enable profitable product, pricing and promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies. They will influence strategic direction by ensuring analytic activities are developed in line with business objectives. They will contribute to the success of corporate objectives by developing cutting-edge solutions in support of customer-based marketing strategies.
- Author code necessary to support development of database solutions: scripts, queries, ETL mappings as defined by specifications
- Assist in translation of business requirements into functional specifications.
- Prepare technical documentation
Gather business/analytic requirements from internal and external clients:
- Participate in workshops with Business Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify and define complete and correct business requirements, and process design solutions
- Contribute to best practices and the development and optimization of analytic solutions through improvements and simplifications
- Review and advise on technical standards to support business/analytic requirements from internal and external clients
Support translation of business requirements into technical requirements. Establish effective solutions to satisfy requirements by:
- Design and implement specifications and solutions according to business requirements
- Develop standardized data models
- Author complex stored procedures, SQL Jobs, shell scripts and ETL mappings
- Design and manage database import / export processes used to generate client data warehouse deliverables
- Assist and support OLAP and Business Intelligence activities
Ensure that process design solutions satisfy business requirements through post launch training:
- Document detailed procedures to accompany processes for training and testing inputs.
- Assist Production Support staff with the debugging and optimization of production jobs
- On-Going Change Management, and Performance Tuning
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Mathematics
- Minimum of 1-2 years of directly related work experience
- Advanced skills: Data Warehouse Design, Data Modeling and Integration, Data Analysis, Unix/AIX/Linux, Analytical reporting (Qlikview, Microstrategy)
- Proficient skills: Data sourcing/migration/quality, Netezza/Oracle/MySQL (SQL & stored procedures), ETL/ELT tools: Informatica/SSIS/DataStage, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Intermediate skills: Windows Server
- Specialized Skill & Knowledge Requirements: Business Communication, Explaining DW operations to non-technical users, Researching & Analyzing DW systems, Agile/Scrum Project Management experience, System/Software architecture experience
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.