Webmaster - Communications
WEBMASTER - COMMUNICATIONS
LetsStopAIDS is Canada's largest youth-HIV charity that inspires youth leadership for HIV prevention. Founded in 2004, LetsStopAIDS focuses on HIV education and prevention through positive youth engagement and leadership. Whether it is in rural South Africa or urban cities across Canada, LetsStopAIDS is dedicated to creating a global network of youth-HIV peer educators. LetsStopAIDS is a registered Canadian charity, and has signed onto the GIPA principles. Our projects have been commended at several events, including Bill Clinton and Bill Gates at the XVI International AIDS Conference and through various national media outlets such as CTV, CBC, MuchMusic, National Post, Metro and hundreds of local news publications.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, the Webmaster is responsible developing and maintaining the online experience of LetsStopAIDS clients, partners, employees, and volunteers. By using industry standard approaches to design and updating content regularly to ensure optimal availability, the Webmaster ensures that the organization's online portal is among its best assets and offers a public "face" to LetsStopAIDS on the Internet.
LetsStopAIDS has an exciting 12-month contract opportunity for a confident, results-driven professional to join our Development team.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/week (varies) (Most of time is virtual)
• Collaborate with the President to determine the website's purpose, functions, requirements and long-term strategy
• Ensure optimal page loads, uptime and integration with organizational functions as appropriate to create an effective user experience
• Establish policies and procedures around content management
• Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the website
• Create and optimize content for the website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
• May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
• Completion of an undergraduate degree or college program, or in process of completing a degree program in Computer Science, Graphic Arts or Web Design
• Experience as a Computer Programmer or Graphic Designer
• Experience working or volunteering with a not-for-profit organization will be considered an asset
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment
• Strong work ethic with a team player approach, possessing developed leadership skills and a positive outlook
• Fluency in French would be an asset
LetsStopAIDS values diversity in the workplace, is committed to Employment Equity, and will provide reasonable workplace accommodations to all applicants and volunteers. LetsStopAIDS is dedicated to being representative of the communities in which we work and live. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply.