User Interface Designer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Toronto and is a 8 month work term commencing May 2015
Main Responsibilities for Co-Op User Interface (UI) Designer:
We're looking for a highly motivated and productive individual to support the User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design efforts of a self-directed, agile team. The successful candidate will possess the ability to create elegant, user-centered and detail-oriented designs for web and mobile platforms using the latest web frameworks.
- Developing wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
- Building and repeating designs continuously to reach final products
- Collaborating closely with Development and Quality Assurance (QA) teams, often in pairing sessions
- Employees in this role require a proven technical knowledge of the software design processes and best practices to ensure design consistency for the product/solution. The ideal candidate will have an educational background in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), design, or a similar discipline.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Demonstrated teaming skills with the ability to follow through on commitments
- Familiarity with Agile environments
- Familiarity with the latest trends and libraries in web and mobile development
- Knowledge of responsive design
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic knowledge in AngularJS, controllers, services, and directives
- English: Fluent
Desired Qualifications preferred:
- At least 1 year experience in AngularJS, controllers, services, and directives
- At least 6 months experience in Adobe Photoshop and Mobile User Interface (UI) design
- Co-op or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.