Unix/Oracle Developer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter? IBM is seeking an Unix/Oracle Developer for an Internship position to join our team.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term. This Student Position is located in Montréal and is a 8 month work term commencing June 2015
- using design documentation, such as Functional Programming Specifications and high level design documents to implement the identified components
- ensuring that the implemented components are unit tested and ready to be integrated into the product
- providing fixes to defects identified by the verification team during the software development life cycle
- French language required
- demonstrated experience with Linux and Unix operating systems
- demonstrated experience with Unix Shell and Perl scripting
- proven experience with Oracle-Sqlplus and Programming Language (PL)/Structured Query Language (SQL) Oracle
- proven knowledge of the software development cycle
- exhibited understanding of various programming languages and software engineering
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.