Software Developer - Coop
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter? IBM is seeking a Software Developer for a Coop position to join our team.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
The Victoria Lab's 50 plus world-class developers unite to work on innovative projects and provide vital technologies and components to enhance IBM Workplace and WebSphere Portal software with new capabilities, such as offline processing, digital signing of multi-part forms, attachment handling, precise form presentation, and innovative data capture approaches. The Labs principal product, IBM Forms, is integrated with WebSphere and DB2 Content Manager software. This Student Position resides in Victoria and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
- Interacting with staff and customers to define requirements and translate those into a design that will produce high quality code that makes it way back to our customers
- Working with the latest technologies like Web 2.0
- Supplying leading edge Extensible Markup Language (XML) based and Web 2.0 technologies to customers and partners around the world
- Demonstrated knowledge of IBM Products and of the Software Development Cycle
- Proven ability to work with Object Oriented (OO) Languages like C++ or Java
- Proven ability to worj with Windows, Linux, or UNIX operating systems
What IBM offers you:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year experience in using programming languages
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.