Security Intelligence Qradar Performance Verification Team - Coop
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Fredericton, New Brunswick and is a 4 or 8 month work term commencing September 2015.
- Creation, maintenance, and execution of both the Performance automation Framework and Performance automation scripts. This requires close collaboration with the performance team, Quality Assurance (QA) team, and automation team to identify and solve automation issues
- Creation and execution of performance test plans, test cases and automation scripts
- Analyzing performance test results to identify trends in software and hardware performance
- Reporting performance test results to Quality Assurance, Customer Support, Development, and Product Management
- Interfacing with Development team to understand/resolve potential defects in the product Collaboration with Customer Support team to understand/reproduce field issues
- General knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Must work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
- Must be able to multi-task and manage priorities and adapt to changing work load requirements
- Some understanding of quality assurance processes
- Experience with two or more of the following: C++, Perl, Java/Java script, Visual Basic, SQL, XML, HTML
- Proven verbal and written communication abilities
What IBM offers you:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.