Quality Assurance - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for a candidate to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns and Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. This positions is only open to a student registered in a Canadian University or College program, who has completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and is returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This position is in Markham and is a 12 month work terms commencing September 2015.
Main Responsibilities for Quality Assurance Intern include:
- Work closely with experienced Quality Assurance Engineers as part of a team to deliver high-quality system software products.
- Participate in product requirements review and component testing
- Develop test procedures and cases based on requirements
- Design, develop and execute reusable test plans, ensure effective coverage of test cases to maximize user perceived quality of the product
- Investigate and implement new testing methods and tools in order to maximize testing efficiency
- Effectively execute test cases
- Regression test defects quickly and accurately
- Troubleshoot problems with application, utility, Operation System and hardware setup
- Effectively communicate status and issues with Development, Documentation and other related groups
- Review and test product documentation
- Assess product quality for business people to make release decisions
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Programming experience with C++, Java, C#, VB, Python and shell scripting languages
- Understanding of software development and product life-cycle management in highly technical environments
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, think creatively
- Experience in IT Unix/Linux Administration, Network Administration, or the verification of system software (an asset)
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
The candidate must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. The candidate should also include a transcript (official or unofficial) with the application.