JVM Quality Assurance - Internship
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter? IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet to hire for a J9 Virtual Machine (JVM) Quality Assurance internship.
The internship position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. The position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of two years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term. This internship requires 4 month work term commencing in September 2015.
What IBM Offers You:
- working directly on product and services that affect our clients while having access to cutting edge software technology
- challenging and rewarding work
- access to obtaining IBM Product Certification during work term
- casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- access to Future Blue, IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting, and social events
- using relevant design documentation and taking direction from senior members of the test team to implement test coverage for various JVM deliverables, in particular Node.js
- ensuring that the implemented components are unit tested, function tested, system tested, and ready to be integrated into the product
- demonstrated experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- proven knowledge of IBM products
- proven knowledge of Software Development Cycle
- demonstrated experience with various programming languages
- exhibited understanding of software engineering
- exhibited verbal and written communications skills
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.