Infosphere Data Replication (IIDR) Software Automation Developer - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet. The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 16 month work term commencing in September 2015.
Main Responsibilities for Infosphere Data Replication (IIDR) Software Automation Developer include:
Join the IBM InfoSphere Data Replication (IIDR) team as we continue to lead the industry in real-time data replication, transformation, and integration technologies. Our group continues to have a small company feel where your individual contribution clearly shows through while at the same time having the support of the larger IBM development community and access to some of the most talented software professionals in the world. We are continuing to push the envelope with our high-performance change data capture solutions and require creative software developers to help fuel our success.
You are expected to play an associate role in the development and testing of our Java and C based product lines. IBM InfoSphere Data Replication (IIDR) is a real-time change data capture replication solution developed and deployed across most major platforms (IBM, SUN, Windows, Linux) and databases (DB/2, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Informix and Teradata) and JMS message queues (MQ Series). One of the initial requirements of the role is learning how to develop on various platforms and database technologies. To this end, you will begin with creating Java programs and automated testing scenarios utilizing java, and XML technologies. You will be responsible for ensuring that the automated tests run across various platforms and databases while investigating and recommending improvements via the bug/issue tracking tool. Join a high performance development team of experienced real-time server developers. The opportunities in the IIDR team and IBM organization are vast for talented individuals. Qualified candidates can expect to be exposed to software development activities that include participation in agile development scrums comprising senior developers, architects and automation developers, and participation in continued development and maintenance of test and problem determination tools.
Desired Qualifications Include:
- 3rd or 4th year in a University degree program in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Practical experience programming in the Java and/or C languages
- Passion for working on real-time high performance software
- Knowledge of database programming, tuning and optimization is a definite asset
- Exposure to developing on multiple platforms
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Willingness to focus on goals and timelines
- Detail oriented
- Self starter
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.