Compliance Specialist - Internship
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student positions are a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. These positions only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 12 month work term commencing May 2015
Employees in this role use their security knowledge to support the customer account and delivery teams and help maintain a solid posture in compliance and security. They will review the action plans in the Cirats system and will ensure that they are tracked to completion and that the proper artefacts are provided. They support the security DPE in helping with the creation of security risk letters and exceptions. They provide guidance and leadership to the delivery in the various compliance initiatives. They meet the customer security group regularly to address concerns. They help the delivery teams understand their obligation under their agreement with the customers. They will help the delivery teams with the creation of new tech specs when required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in security
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication
- Exhibited attention to details
- Exhibited knowledge of the distributed environment including Windows and Unix
- Exhibited knowledge of Database and Middleware technologies
- Exhibited knowledge of Storage technologies
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.