EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, highly driven and enthusiastic accountant with a flair for numbers and attention to detail to join our finance team in Toronto. As an accountant, you will play an integral part in the Accounting and Finance processes of the company, responsible for preparing and posting general ledger entries, reconciling bank and general ledger accounts, performing quarterly closings and operational analysis, and managing fixed assets.
To accomplish your tasks you will work closely with other functional areas and other EF companies around the world. You will work closely with the Financial Manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures. You may be involved in P&L analysis, budget follow-ups and the year end audit process. You will have the opportunity to work on individual projects, prove your analytical independent way of working, and deliver high quality results.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or similar, including relevant financial accounting classes
- Prior experience in the accounting field and pursuing an accounting designation
- Detail oriented, deadline driven and have an analytical mindset
- An energetic highly motivated personality with a positive attitude
- Strong social and communication skills to work in an international environment with all levels of management
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft office.
- Independent worker who also enjoys contributing to a team
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer