Co-op, Global Tactical Asset Allocation
Public Market Investments - Fall 2015
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
At the CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $200 billion, and projected to reach $300 billion by 2020, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan to ensure long-term sustainability. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and currently has offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, London, New York and São Paulo.
The Global Tactical Asset Allocation (GTAA) group within Public Market Investments generates alpha by employing a systematic, top-down approach, to develop active investment strategies in a broad range of asset classes such as sovereign bonds, FX, equity indices, and commodities. The size of our portfolio, projected future cash inflows and long investment horizon allow us to pursue unique external partnerships, providing privileged access to the industry's leading thinkers. As a young organization equipped with a strong governance structure and relatively unconstrained investment mandate, we are well-positioned to embrace and advance new developments in the field of portfolio management.
We are currently recruiting for a Portfolio Management and Research Co-op to join the GTAA team from September to December 2015 to support the research, design and implementation of world-class active investment strategies in this rapidly expanding group.
The ideal candidate will be enrolled in academic years 2-4 of their undergraduate degree at the time of the placement, and will be working towards a degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering or a related field with a focus on applying their skills in the financial industry.
- Contribute to the day-to-day activities of managing a multi-strategy GTAA portfolio.
- Support quantitative research and provide inputs used in measuring the returns of global asset classes.
- Manage data integrity and process innovation at the project level.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail with an ability to produce quality work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exhibit passion for the financial markets and interest in financial derivatives, portfolio management, trading, global asset allocation and/or asset pricing.
- Possess strong technical skills (e.g. Matlab, Excel) and practical experience working with databases (e.g. SQL).
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and apply solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with demanding deadlines and provide innovative solutions to the challenges of their role.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate our Guiding Principles of high performance, integrity, and partnership.
- Enrollment in the CFA program is considered an asset.
If you are interest in working with talented professionals in the financial industry in an environment of integrity, partnership and high performance then consider a co-op internship at CPP Investment Board.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.