Registered Nurse - Surgical Suites
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager of the Operating Room, you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population with the challenge of our multi-service environment. These positions will be scheduled to work at both sites.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS
- Successful completion of Post-graduate course in operating room from an accredited educational institution or commensurate experience
- Must have at least 2 years of recent OR experience (if the applicant has not completed the OR Course)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to function both independently and as a team member in a fast paced demanding environment
- Demonstrates values consistent with TSH’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Recent perioperative nursing experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Nursing preferred
- Ability to speak another language
TSH offers a culture that fosters Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence (ICARE). We embrace and celebrate our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. TSH is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.