Junior Accounts Payable Clerk
Reporting to the Supervisor of Accounts Payable, the Junior Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for, but not limited to, the daily distribution of mail from Stores, Corporate departments, Canada Post, Email and Faxes. Filing, Imaging, and retrieval of invoices, returns, and journal entries. Data entry of invoices, journal entries and providing support to Corporate Stores and Head Office Departments.
- Ensure store and department invoice package is distributed to staff in a timely manner to meet weekly schedules.
- Ensure mail from Canada Post, Email, and Faxes are stamped received and distributed to head office departments for approval, and to staff for processing.
- Work with vendors to ensure invoices are properly addressed and distributed to either stores or head office to meet payment terms and close schedules.
- Ensure posted invoices, and journal entries, are filed by batch in a timely manner and scanned invoices are labeled accurately.
- Assist returns staff with obtaining POD backups and matching.
- Assist staff with keying invoices and journal entries as required.
- Occasional photocopying, scanning, faxing, and lifting of boxes (20 lbs.)
- Other administrative tasks as requested from time to time.
- Self-motivated, organized, excellent communicator, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Excel, and Word.