Katz Group Canada Ltd. is a leading drugstore operator with a dynamic history of innovation and growth. Our flagship chain, Rexall™, is among the most trusted names in pharmacy with a heritage of serving the health care needs of the community through patient and medication services and quality health products since 1904. We are focused on helping to improve the health of Canadians in retail drug pharmacy, specialty pharmacy and employer environments and we pride ourselves in continually evolving to better serve our patients and customers.
Katz Group Canada Ltd. is proudly Canadian-owned and operated with more than 400 convenient Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations across Central and Western Canada and more than 8,500 employees.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for evaluating/spotting market and business trends to provide directional support to senior management teams; developing and analyzing business reports, as well as providing on-going development and enhancement of the reporting and analytical tools available to KGC.
- Responsible to amalgamate, process, analyze and extrapolate a large amount of complex data from multiple sources, including various internal and external databases to develop an understanding of business results.
- Responsible to perform market and competitive analysis to support of KGC pharmacy pricing strategy
- Responsible for facilitating and implementing changes and enhancements of the supplier revenue program to all systems
- Develop and generate business reports, including ad hoc reporting to support KGC´s pharmacy business decisions as well as develop reports on key business metrics to measure the performance and success of any key initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business and user requirements are captured in the development of business reports/processes, while ensuring accuracy and integrity of all information provided.
- Perform sensitivity analysis, financial impact analyses, variance analysis, and scenario testing to monitor and evaluate the financial performance for proposed strategies and ongoing key initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology Teams for direction and recommendations to KGC´s store systems and reporting systems to ensure business requirements are met.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including End User Acceptance and Quality Assurance, for modified and new capabilities/processes, and support post-implementation training.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support KATZ Group Canada Ltd.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 2-3 years College diploma; University degree in Business/ Economics/Accounting preferred.
- 2 years relevant experience in a role requiring strong knowledge of data analysis and reporting tools; relevant experience in a retail environment would be an asset.
- Strong Pharmacy and/or Healthcare experience is an asset.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional skills in MS Office specifically Excel, Access and Word.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple project(s)/tasks(s); detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment requires little to no supervision.
- Experience working in a team environment.