Resident Care Aide, Complex Care (Casual)
Reporting to the Nurse; RN, RPN, LPN, or designate, and as a member of the health care team, provides care to residents in accordance with the organization’s philosophy, goal and objectives. Assists residents to meet their physical, emotional and psychological needs that facilitate independence.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program.
- Recent (within 5 years) experience in a long term care / complex care setting with experience working with the elderly / disabled in the community OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of the resident population.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to recognize change in resident conditions and report accordingly.
PRINCE RUPERT COMMUNITY
Prince Rupert is a small marine-based port city with one-of-a-kind wilderness exploration and wildlife viewing experiences on Northwest BC's Pacific Coast. It's also a popular stop on various Alaskan cruises. Located 721 km (447 miles) west of Prince George on Highway 16, Prince Rupert is the land, air, and water transportation hub of British Columbia's North Coast, and home to some 12,815 people. The city is located at the mouth of the Skeena River, surrounded by Chatham Sound and many small, uninhabited islands. The area is perfect for exploring and discovering the fascinating history and customs of local First Nations people.