Resident Care (Casual)
In accordance with established policies and procedures and under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Manager, the Resident Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including the physical, social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs of residents.
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nurses Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
McBride is nestled between the Canadian Rockies and the Cariboo Mountains in the beautiful Mount Robson Valley. The Grand Truck Pacific Railway brought McBride into being as a divisional point on the new Northern transcontinental line in 1911-1914. The company designed the town site with the station as the focus of Main Street. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, government service, construction and trade.