Registered Nurse/Psychiatric Nurse(Casual)
Under the direction of the Q.U.E.S.S.T. clinical supervisor and working with members of a multidisciplinary team, will provide direct mental health care to persons with addictions, psychiatric illness, and/or challenging behaviours, during crisis. Responsibilities include comprehensive assessment, intervention planning, monitoring, individual and group therapy, consultation and crisis line telephone intervention.
- Nursing Diploma, current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of British Columbia (RPNABC);
- With a minimum of one (1) year recent experience in an acute mental health setting or an equivalent of experience in other areas of the mental health field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Demonstrates independent critical thinking.
- Ability to maintain good public relations with clients/patients, family and friends.
- Physical ability to perform duties of position.
- Ability to provide and promote safe and competent patient care.
- Ability to recognize and intervene in an emergency situation.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world's largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.