Registered Nurse, Emergency (Casual)
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient care services, or designate, this position is responsible for providing Nursing care to patients/clients in the Emergency Room, according to established NHA policies and procedures. This position also provides ambulance transports as necessary.On call duties are part of the rotation. The registered nurse assists with the implementation of primary care duties within the course of the daily duties.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing.
- Current registration with the CRNBC.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in Emergency, Outpost and/or Rural Hospital Nursing.
- Trauma Nursing Core Competency (TNCC) and ACLS certification.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
Located in the beautiful Robson Valley, Valemount is nestled between the Canadian Rockies, the Monashee Mountains and the Cariboo Mountains. Valemount is the home of Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Rockies and the origin of the Fraser River. The major industries include forestry, ranching, and tourism.