Playroom Assistant (Casual)
Under the general direction of the Manager of Parenting Services, and the direct supervision of the Playroom Supervisor, this position assists with creating and providing of age appropriate child care activities for children (birth to 6 years) of clients attending programs in Project Parent North.
- Early Childhood Education - Certified with under threes.
- Child Safe Certificate.
- Membership with the ECEBC.
- One (1) year experience working with pre-school children.
- Knowledge of Child Abuse guidelines reporting responsibilities.
- Knowledge of cultural sensitivity.
- Or a combination of relevant education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with coworkers and clients.
- Ability to do the physical tasks of the job.
- Ability to work independently and to seek guidance as required.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC’s Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings – this is a true outdoor person’s paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.