Pharmacy Assistant 1 (Casual)
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position assists with various aspects of the Pharmacy Department Operation such as measure, compound, package and distribute drugs and medications. Checks the work of other Pharmacy Assistants for accuracy and completeness and maintains related records. Performs computer order entry of medication orders, packaging and distribution of unit dose medications, as well as specified inventory control and statistical reporting activities.
- Grade 12, graduation from a recognized Pharmacy Assistant course plus one year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to type.
- Ability to organize work.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC's Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings - this is a true outdoor person's paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.