Or/Par Registered Nurse
Reporting to the Head Nurse, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the St. John Hospital mission statement. The Northern Health Authority role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current registration with CRNBC.
- Postgraduate courses (within last five years) appropriate to service assignment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. ACLS, TNCC, CPR Level C.
- Perioperative Certificate or post-graduate training in the OR and/or previous OR education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
Nestled in the Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, Vanderhoof is the geographical center of British Columbia. The Vanderhoof Bird Sanctuary, along the route of the Pacific Flyway is considered a mecca for bird watchers. The major industries include forestry and agriculture. Vanderhoof offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle. Local activities include golfing, skiing, horseback riding, curling, skating, bowling, tennis, fishing, boating, canoeing, water-skiing, hunting and camping. There are seven elementary schools, one secondary school and several private schools, as well as opportunities for continuing adult education.