Nursing Unit Assistant (Casual)
The Nursing Unit Assistant is responsible for performing admitting, clerical, and reception duties within the Nursing unit. This includes assembling and disassembling patient charts, directing visitors and completing admitting functions.
Education, Training, Professional Registration Requirements and Experience
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program plus one year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to keyboard 50 w.p.m.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
The Hazeltons (there are three - Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are located 290 km (180 miles) east of Prince Rupert and 60 km (45 miles) west of Smithers on the Yellowhead Highway 16. Hazelton, also known as ‘Old Hazelton’ is located on the banks of the Skeena River about 7 km off Highway 16. Adjacent to the town, where the Bulkley and Skeena Rivers meet, is the site of the world famous ‘Ksan Historical Village and Museum.
The District of New Hazelton is located in Northwest British Columbia and is situated between the Bulkley River and the stunning Roche De Boule Mountain Range. The area’s natural beauty and pristine wilderness has made New Hazelton a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts.