Mental Health Clinician (Casual)
Under the direction of the Team Leader of Adult Mental Health Services, Terrace this position provides ongoing intensive outreach care to the most seriously mentally ill adults. Designs, implements, and monitors individual patient plans to maximize community functioning and reduce re-hospitalization. Works as a member of a multi-disciplinary community mental health team, acts as a consultant educator in the area of mental health and contributes to the development of community mental health programs. Qualifications
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse Association of BC.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in individual, group and family therapy.
- A successful Police Record review is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to stimulate members’ interest, assess results of the program, and work effectively on an individual or group basis.
- Ability to adapt to changing roles and program requirements.
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgement.
- Ability to work effectively with institutional staff, volunteers, members’ and the general public.
- A valid BC driver’s license along with access to a vehicle are needed.
- Travel is required; you may be required to use own vehicle on Organization business.
- Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Organization.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.