Mental Health Clinician (Casual)
Under the direction of the Team Leader for Quesnel Mental Health Services, as a member of a multidisciplinary mental health care team, provides direct client care to adult clients with various mental disorders utilizing a variety of treatment modalities/therapies; functions as consultant in the area of mental health nursing.
- Diploma in registered nursing or psychiatric nursing and a minimum of two years of psychiatric nursing experience.
- Bachelor of Science in nursing and a minimum of one (1) year of psychiatric nursing experience.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Valid driver's license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
- Knowledge of assessment and crisis intervention strategies.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders - IV.
- Knowledge of best practices in mental health.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and counseling skills with individuals and groups.
- Ability to consult effectively with a wide range of professionals.
- Good leadership and teaching skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills in crisis situations, ability to relate to clients in crisis and to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Advanced clinical skills, including crisis intervention and case management.
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world's largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.