This position performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping floors, waxing floors, vacuuming, dusting, washing walls, windows and ceilings.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Building Service Worker Certificate
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Or other Qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work and work well without close supervision.
Masset is situated along the shoreline of Masset sound on Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) and is the largest town on the island. Rich in marine history, Masset is one of Canada's top destinations for Pacific sport salmon and halibut fishing. Local charter companies provide whale-watching tours, and the Delkatla Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a vast selection of migratory birds. The major industries in Masset include logging, fishing and tourism. Northern Health communities offer affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle.