Home Care Nurse, Long Term Care Case Manager (Full Time)
Under the direction of the H&CC Manager, the position uses independence and initiative to plan, organize, implement and evaluate professional nursing care and home support for clients of all ages with chronic, acute, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs in community settings.
Services include assessment, direct medical-surgical nursing care, case management, health teaching, support consultation liaison and referral in a case management context; ensures that the model of client self care and independence is maintained; participates in the administration of all Act’s and Regulations applicable to nursing functions; may supervise ancillary staff.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing plus three (3) years nursing experience in acute and/or community or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practising registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC).
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal essential.
- Commitment to concepts of teamwork and empowerment of staff.
- Ability to give direction, teach and work independently.
- Ability to organize work and problem solve.
- Ability to deal effectively with and relate to a variety of cultural & lifestyle differences of co-workers, staff & clients.
- Physical abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Nestled in the Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, Vanderhoof is the geographical center of British Columbia. The Vanderhoof Bird Sanctuary, along the route of the Pacific Flyway is considered a mecca for bird watchers. The major industries include forestry and agriculture. Vanderhoof offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle. Local activities include golfing, skiing, horseback riding, curling, skating, bowling, tennis, fishing, boating, canoeing, water-skiing, hunting and camping. There are seven elementary schools, one secondary school and several private schools, as well as opportunities for continuing adult education.