Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Casual)
Under general supervision, operates ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of various parts of the body to aid physicians in monitoring pregnancies and in diagnosing cardiac, ophthalmic, vascular and other medical disorders.
- Graduation from an approved Diagnostic Medical Sonographer training program.
- Active Registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (A.R.D.M.S.) in Obstetric & Gynecology, Abdomen & Small Parts
- Adult Echocardiography and Vascular qualifications would be beneficial.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification.
- One (1) year general sonography experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Smithers is located in the picturesque Bulkley Valley surrounded by three mountain ranges which provide a backdrop for the town’s Alpine setting. The main industries include forestry, tourism, transportation and agriculture. Smithers offers affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle. Smithers offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The population of Smithers is approximately 5,414. There are three elementary schools, one secondary school and one alternate format school for grades 9 -12.