Activity Worker II/Transportation Attendant III (Casual)
Under the direction of the Manager of Residential Services and the supervision of the Recreation Therapist the Activity Worker II assists in delivering an established resident centered program schedule which contributes to the knowledge, health, wellness and enjoyment of participants. The Activity Worker II will participate in the care planning, admission and discharge process by assisting in the monitoring and documenting of resident progress and reporting such information to the Recreation Therapist.
- Grade 12, completion of recognized recreational courses, plus two (2) years recent related experience.
- Valid Class 4 B.C. Drivers License (unrestricted).
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world’s largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.