Activity Worker II (Casual)
Reporting directly to the Activity Program Director, the Activity worker is responsible to carry out and research a wide variety of activity programs to ensure that physical, social and emotional needs of each client are met. There are no direct reports to this position.
- Grade 12, completion of recognized recreational courses such as handicrafts plus two (2) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have valid BC Drivers’ License, Class 4.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to organise work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.