Managing Matters Inc. is an association management and event management agency and we pride ourselves on our close relationships with our clients, as well as our customer service. We are a growing business based out of Toronto that provides full-service association management and event management across Canada. Our core values are COMPANY GROWTH, TEAM SPIRIT and providing AMMAZING QUALITY to our clients. Our mission is to be the largest and most customer-service oriented association management and event management firm in Canada.
Since 2004 Managing Matters has grown to consist of 19 team members and a strong and growing internship program. We believe in keeping our team members motivated and fulfilled by working with them to reach their personal goals. Our ever expanding environment also allows for opportunities for our employees to move up and take on increased responsibilities within the company as we grow.
At Managing Matters we believe in appreciating our staff and all the wonderful work they do for us. We celebrate their positive attitudes and sense of community spirit.
Managing Matters offers consistent and constant service that will remain with our clients over time and pride ourselves in showing the initiative in keeping our clients current and successful - they also benefit from our specialized services and our philosophy of strengthening our clients network by connecting them with our other clients.
This is who we are.
Are you one of us?
Do you feel that you could benefit from a working environment with carefully selected, highly capable, engaged team members? Do you want to interact with customers to create customer value far superior to that offered by the competition? Sounds like you would make a great account coordinator! As an Account Coordinator, you will be responsible for working with other members of our Association Management Team in managing all aspects of client operations such as providing support for Board and Committee initiatives, assisting with database and website management and providing support with other administrative, operational and other aspects of the client accounts.
Interested in the day to day duties? The role includes a combination of the following...
- Management or support on various client projects (website redevelopment initiatives, membership drives, sponsorship acquisition, marketing initiatives, etc...)
- Client publication management
- Coordination of client projects to ensure on-time delivery, accuracy
- Budget management or coordination
Board and Committee Support
- Key contact for all committees and board members
- Working closely with client key contacts & Executive Director where applicable
- Minute taking at board and committee meetings, distribution of minutes and managing action items
- Follow up and execution of board initiatives and projects
- Coordination of meetings
- Administrative projects as required
Communication and Correspondence
- Assistance with client communications (may include production of newsletters, media releases,
- announcements and membership communications for clients)
- Website updates and overall management
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence in response to member or board issues and initiatives
- Ensuring that responses are in keeping with the client expectations and standards
- Maintaining open dialogue with all clients to ensure satisfaction and monitoring of needs and
- Reviewing all documents for content, spelling and grammar
- Recommending changes as required
- Administrative initiatives as required
What's your background?
Desired skills and Experience
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with Associations/ not-for-profits
- Relevant post-secondary education (business degree an asset)
- A minimum of 2-4 years in project management, event management or client/customer services
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to multitask on multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to take care of details while managing multiple tasks and working under time constraints
- Intermediate computer skills including MS office and Excel (both extremely important)
- A good understanding of financial statements and other financial matters (an asset but not required)
- Web administration experience an asset but not required
- Bilingualism (French/ English) considered an asset but not required
Learn more about our Managing Matters Inc. here.
We thank all interested applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.