Internal Audit Co-Op
About the Opportunity
Assist with the fieldwork phase of financial, operational, and information technology audits to assess risks, evaluate controls, safeguard assets and business systems, and analyze procedures. Follow audit procedures and guidelines with appropriate supervision. Document control inefficiencies and weaknesses, based review of business risk. Provide summary results and recommendations. In conjunction with Internal Audit management, develop viable business solutions to mitigate risk.
Under the general guidance of Audit Senior:
- Conduct audits in accordance with internal audit policies and the applicable Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as prescribed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Ensure audits are efficiently performed and accurately interpret results against defined criteria
- Evaluate audit observations and draft recommendations to improve policies, procedures, efficiency, and controls
- Assist in other aspects of completing the audit plan
- Track and provide updates on the status of audit projects
- Retest open audit issues from previous audits requiring follow-up
- Working towards a degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Time management skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel Required
- To be successful in this role the intern must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, a team player and deadline driven. In addition, he/she should possess strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.