Executive Assistant - Leadership Team
Executive Assistant – Leadership Team
LetsStopAIDS is a youth-driven organization that focuses on peer education to raise awareness about HIV and AIDS. We aim to engage youth in Canada and worldwide as leaders in the response to this epidemic. LetsStopAIDS now has a new opportunity for an Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant will provide support for the Leadership Team, which consists of six executives, but will report directly to the President. The individual will act as a liaison between each department and will be responsible for assisting the President in supporting all business units with the objective of completing national and international projects effectively and to a high standard.
LetsStopAIDS has an exciting 12 month contract opportunity for a confident, results-driven professional to join our Leadership team.
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours/week (varies) (Most of time is virtual)
• Processes confidential information.
• Organize meetings and events under the auspices of the President such as senior management meetings, preparing agendas, recording minutes, tracking documents and deadlines and providing any follow-up as needed.
• Liaisons with venues for booking and preparation of conference rooms.
• Meet with individuals internally and externally, on behalf of the executives to discuss issues and assess and recommend various courses of action.
• Act as a supporting role to the leadership team.
• Analyze incoming and outgoing emails, memos and mail among the executive team.
• Prepares summary, documents and reports for the executive members.
• Edit and proofread emails from the executive members.
• Performs office administration duties as required as well as maintaining an accurate physical and electronic filing and record keeping system for the Executive Office.
• Take a lead role in planning and organizing events, private dinners, and community events as requested.
• Reports to the President and coordinates various special projects as assigned by the President.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma plus less than one to two years of administrative experience, or a combination of any education and relevant work experience.
• Exceptional client service ethic and an ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work independently, setting priorities and meeting deliverables.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and handling confidential information.
• Knowledge of issues surrounding youth and HIV and AIDS, and international issues
• Knowledge of HIV and AIDS prevention strategies, interventions and evidence-based practices
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, and results oriented environment.
• Must be flexible and have good time-management skills
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and oral in English
• Professional presentation.
• Strong work ethic with a team player approach, possessing developed leadership skills and a positive outlook.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Skype. Familiarity with social networking a plus.
• Must have access to laptop and working headset.
• Fluency in French would be an asset.
• Experience in a not for profit/membership organization highly desirable.
LetsStopAIDS is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in the workplace, are committed to Employment Equity and will provide reasonable workplace accommodations to all applicants and employees. LetsStopAIDS is dedicated to being representative of the communities in which we work and live. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply. LetsStopAIDS supports the GIPA principles.