Technical Support Professional
Come join the IBM Cloud unit to deliver support for software delivering the next wave of development capabilities with Bluemix. IBM Bluemix DevOps Services is an essential part of IBM's transformation and is the core of the Bluemix developer experience. It provides the developer with everything they need to work with Bluemix including projects with source control, task tracking, agile planning and a powerful deployment pipeline, as well as integration with desktop tools.
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, with demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, be able to think strategically, have proven analytical and problem solving skills, and a desire to continually learn and expand knowledge. Demonstrated client service skills and the ability to work with people in a technical environment are a must. Individuals should enjoy troubleshooting and recreating client environments as you’ll be working and escalating technical problems, collaborating with Development for resolution, while providing effective and timely communication/updates to our clients. Candidates will also be responsible for utilizing call/defect tracking tools and prioritizing their open issues. You will also be expected to add/create/modify content to our product knowledge database. Some travel may be required.
If you are passionate about new technology and want to help shape the future of IBM Cloud, come join our team!
Essential Job responsibilities:
- Learn and understand Bluemix DevOps Services and the Bluemix developer experience.<> • Work with clients to resolve road blocks inhibiting success through tickets, forums or other means.
- Provide guidance and best practices for using the services.
- Develop content to share knowledge.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems
- Interest in Software Development Industry
- Proven design debugging and programming skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
Experience that will help
- Writing code – preferably Java
- Experience as a build, deployment or release engineer
- Experience with command line on multiple operating systems
- Experience scripting in at least one language
- Experience with software development tools such as build, quality, project management tools
- Technical Client Support experience.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year experience in java
- At least 6 months experience in Web development (node.js, WebSphere)
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.