Software Sales - Internship
Are you a student of the world? Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé? Do you think the world can work smarter? IBM is seeking to fill a Software Sales Internship position as an addition to our team.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term. This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 4 month work term commencing June 2015
- participating in the sales management process
- developing a program to help sales people develop opportunities
- supporting marketing events and participating in product demonstrations
- using design documentation, such as functional programming specifications and high level design documents to implement the identified components
- ensuring that the implemented components are unit tested and ready to be integrated into the product
- providing fixes to defects identified by the verification team during the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Required Skills:
- demonstrated experience with Windows and Office Productivity Tools
- demonstrated knowledge of IBM Strategy
- proven experience with C++
What IBM Offers You:
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting, and social events
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
- Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
- This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.