Program Manager - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Toronto and is a 16 month work term commencing May 2015
Main Responsibilities for Program Manager include:
At the forefront of new technology implementations and initiatives, the project management office is an aggressive engine delivering over $4M of projects annually over a portfolio of 30 - 35 simultaneous projects at any given time to a customer account.
The Program Manager's primary responsibility is to play a key supportive role towards the successful operation of the Project Management Office (PMO). From project intake, through proposal solutioning and customer approval, to final project delivery and closure, the Program Manager will be involved in many of the inner workings of the PMO. The Program manager will provide cross project portfolio support to ensure a smooth operation and will work with global delivery resources. The Program Manager will take work direction from the Portfolio Manager and Project Executive.
The Program Manager duties will include:
- Assisting with claim management for project delivery resources
- Driving accuracy of financial forecasting and checks
- Administrative assistance around establishment of user IDs, hardware orders etc.
- Resource management
- Assisting project managers with project duties and execution
- Additional duties as deemed required
The ideal Program Manager candidate will be able to manage multiple complex work streams in a fast moving environment. The candidate will also be customer centric and sensitive to customer impacts while being able to meet the needs of internal stake holders. The candidate must also be independent and able to investigate unknown/unfamiliar situations with minimal supervision. Candidate must also be able to communicate effectively and work well with others both in person and in a virtual environment.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Independent worker
- Proven multi-tasking ability
- Problem solver
- Effective written/oral communications
- Ability to work well with others
- English: Fluent
- Preferred: Working towards Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Mathematics / Business
- Co-op or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.