Product Costing Analyst - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
- This Student Position resides in Bromont, Quebec and is a 16 month work term commencing May, 2015.
Main Responsibilities for the Product Costing Analyst include:
- Collect cost data based on historical information, projections and/or modelling.
- Evaluate production parameters and capacity utilization.
- Develop Activity Based Costing ("ABC") models to assign costs to production operations and products.
- Derive hourly rates for production operations and product costs.
- Structure the ABC cost system input to incorporate the above information for cost projections and performance management.
The candidate who fills this position will be part of a team of professionals who support electronic component manufacturing operations at the Bromont, Quebec plant. The existing software and systems which used for activity based costing will be replaced by a state of the art solution which is currently in the final stages of the selection process. The intern selected for this program will participate with the onboard team to complete the selection, evaluate and define future activity and costing structures, plan and execute the transition to the new solution, including testing and qualification. The incumbent will be required to apply product costing principles as well as to use data query and analysis in order to complete this mandate.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Understanding of product costing methodology.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles as they related to manufacturing & sale of products, including standard costing, inventory and expense.
- Understanding of performance metrics for a manufacturing organization, for example product costs, gross margin, return on assets, inventory turns, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and understand written information and to functional oral communication in French is required. Would consider a candidate with basic skills who is willing to focus on developing them on the job.
- Experience with activity based costing software / applications an asset.
- Experience with MS Excel database functions, filters, pivot tables, etc. or similar. Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- Diplôme d'études secondaires/de formation générale
- Anglais: Aisance
- Qualification préuniversitaire
IBM s'engage à créer un milieu diversifié et est fière de souscrire au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats compétents verront leur candidature étudiée sans discrimination quant à la race, à la couleur, à la religion, au sexe, à l'identité ou l'expression sexuelle, à l'orientation sexuelle, à la nationalité, à la génétique, aux handicaps, à l'âge ou au statut de vétéran de guerre.