Product / Market Manager - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
- This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 16 month work term commencing May 2015
Main Responsibilities for Product / Market Manager include:
- Assists in the development product plans based on marketing strategy.
- Performs market research and opportunity assessments of product segments.
- Evaluates competitiveness of offerings.
- Selects marketing programs, tracks and evaluates effectiveness of programs and channels.
- Assist in developing new market opportunities for the product.
- Provides input for business investment decisions. This includes segmentation, opportunity analysis, etc.
- Provide input to product plan requirements process.
- Executes launch plan, coordinates launch materials and launch announcement.
- Inputs into unit's business and marketing strategies.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Knowledge of specific marketing disciplines in Marketing or Business.
- Requires some related work experience in Marketing, Programs or Product Management
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast paced team environment
- Requires planning, tracking and organizational skills
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
- This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
|IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.