Junior Service Integration Leader - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Calgary, Alberta or Edmonton, Alberta and is a 12 month work term commencing May 2015
Main Responsibilities for Junior Service Integration Leader include:
As a Junior Service Integration Leader, you will be:
- Interfacing with multiple service lines within the IBM delivery organization
- Applying your technical and leadership skills to assist in day to day Account problem resolution and Process development.
- Manage the resources required to plan, develop, deliver and support expertly engineered IT services and products that meet the clients' needs.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction of delivery teams for both project workload, and day to day steady state support.
- Involved in the planning and driving continuous improvement activities for the accounts you support.
- Assist with developing or gathering service-level and operational reporting.
- Oversee, identify and drive security and compliance issues on the account.
- Possible 10-20% travel involved
Desired Qualifications required:
- Problem solving
- Ability to interface with the Customer, Account team, and Technical Support teams
- Ability to create and modify operating procedures
- Working with others, and provide direction to others.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Problem and Change process knowledge
- Security / Audit compliance as it relates to Server systems.
- Workload management skills
- Issue Management skills
- Project Management skills
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.