Daktronics, Inc designs, manufactures and sells a wide range of display systems to customers in a variety of markets throughout the world. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions, markets and products. The primary categories of markets include Live Events, Commercial, Transportation, Schools and Theatres and International. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling these five markets.
Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations, and along highways. They also tell you the price of gas and advertise store specials as you make your daily commute, and enhance your spectator experience when you’re in a sports stadium, whether for a high school sporting event or for your favorite pro sports team.
If you have a passion for sales and travel, and if you seek an internship that involves more than filing and fetching coffee, consider an internship with Daktronics. Not only will you obtain hands-on professional experience as you travel the country, you’ll also receive a competitive wage and a housing stipend - all as you interact with a diverse work group.
Internship runs May 18, 2015 through December 18, 2015.
(Exact responsibilities will vary depending upon your specific assignment, but in general, you can expect to experience the following during your sales internship:)
- Attend trade shows and demonstrate products
- Shadow regional sales professionals
- Make sales presentations; generate and track leads
- Become knowledgeable about Daktronics products, company policies, and procedures
- Recruit at job fairs and participate in internship group
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with customers and team members
- Rotate through manufacturing roles
- Attend Toastmasters and report to management
- Collect data for brochures; perform research; make cold calls; prepare pricing and sales proposals
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program or a recent college graduate, preferably related to the following disciplines: economics, business, sports, communications, marketing, consumer affairs, technology, and/or journalism
- Current college students must take the spring and summer semesters off from classes; may arrange for credit through the Cooperative Education/Internship Program at accredited university
- Have acceptable GPA and at a minimum completed sophomore year
- Able to handle stressful situations professionally and calmly; possess good problem-solving and judgment skills
- Outgoing, self-motivated, flexible and well organized; empathetic and personable demeanor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn other software quickly
- Valid driver's license and good driving record. Pass a medical exam to complete travel/driving tasks and be at least 21 years of age to meet DOT requirements. Pass motor vehicle and criminal background checks
- Obtain state certification to operate a vehicle up to 26,000 GVW or 6,000lbs vehicle weight
- Mechanical skill background and an interest in electronics helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at time of hire.
- We do not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.